If you are a busy woman, whether a busy mom, working professional or even both, you know that you need to be taking care of yourself.
There is only so much of you to give before you burn out and plus you want to feel good too.
It is so easy to put your own health on the back burner. You would never do that with your kids/ partner or anyone else but it is easy to put yourself aside... but there are little reminders that you need to be taking better care of yourself.
Perhaps your energy is not what it used to be, you are noticing changes with your hormones or your weight is creeping up. Whatever it is, you know that you can be feeling better and when you feel better about yourself you can’t help but look better too.
Remember the feeling of bouncing out of bed in the morning? That is possible again but it comes down to eating wholesome food and building self care into your daily routine. But you already knew that!
The problem with being busy and having so many responsibilities is that you don’t have the time or the energy to put it all together and put it into practice.
You decide to get healthy
Perhaps in your most courageous moments you’ve made the commitment to start.
You’ve gone to the supermarket and bought lots of greens and other “healthy food” but by the end of the week everything is still in the fridge just perhaps a little bit more wilted than before.
Or you decide that you are really going to lose a few pounds but after a few days you are just so hungry that you can’t stick with it.
Or everyone else is letting you know what they would like for dinner that you can’t even think about what you should be having.
With so much information out there, without a super clear step by step plan, even the best of the intentions can get lost. Plus who has time to be hungry.
It is easy to fall victim to lack of motivation, lack of clarity as to what your body needs and how to keep making positive changes on a daily basis.
Plus, information changes every day. One day eggs are bad for you, and then next day you read they are good. So what’s the truth? Why bother when even the scientists get confused.
1. Many healthy eating plans (especially if you want to lose weight) mean counting calories or restricting what you can have. Who has time for that? Gone are the days where you can live off eating cabbage soup for 3 days. Plus restricting yourself does nothing for your mood or your energy. How long can that really last? Most eating plans focus on reducing calories and not on increasing the foods that are most nourishing for your body.
2. Health plans typically focus solely on diet and exercise. Health is about so much more than that! Stress is a big part, not to mention sleep, food sensitivities, hormones, emotional eating, to name just a few. Health is so dynamic and each person is different. Not many plans take this into account and yet for real transformation all these areas need to be taken into consideration.
3. Lack of support. If you are like most women you have many responsibilities. There are very few people checking in on you and encouraging you on a daily basis, making sure you are eating wholesome foods and encouraging stress management techniques. There are very few avenues for you to share your challenges and triumphs and so it is easy to fall into less healthy habits again.
4. Consistency. Health plans are typically for a set time frame. Such as a diet for 3 weeks or until you have lost x number of pounds. Health is an essential part of our wellbeing. How many times have you said.. yes I did feel so much better but then I stopped doing x, I should really start doing x again?
It doesn’t have to be hard to create a lifestyle where you feel amazing, you think clearly, you have energy and you feel comfortable in your clothes BUT it does mean taking a step.
The complete health plan for confidently stepping into your own and building a foundation so you can be your best self.
I have taken everything that I have learnt about health and wellness and put it into a comprehensive, step by step implementation plan that teaches you the fundamentals about your health but also gives you an execution plan.
This is put together for the busy woman so that you consistently make steps to seamlessly incorporate wholesome foods and incorporate self care.
It is built with rapid implementation in mind.
Teaches you how your body works and what makes it tick
Focuses on how you can take charge
This program is a membership site. Health is about making consistent lasting changes. Each step takes you by the hand so you are not left on your own or lost.
Each segment is done step by step purposefully to prevent overwhelm and to help you integrate lasting changes. Each week you will get a new module which builds upon the last one and includes tips, worksheets and recipes that can have a dramatic impact on how you feel as well as help to move you in the direction of reaching your health and fitness goals.
The first steps are all about getting started, and essential steps to measure where you are at. There are cheat sheets and guides every step of the way.
Exercise tips to give you suggestions about exercises you can do at home or at the gym.
A community. This is a friendly community forum so you can share challenges, triumphs and ask questions. This is a private FB group with daily tips with recipes, healthy habits, exercises and stress management strategies.
1. Eating For Health
What to focus on ADDING IN instead of restricting
The myths we’ve been falling for and why your yo-yo diet history isn’t your fault
Simple things you can start with right away
2. Balancing Your Hormones
Learn how to assess which hormones may be out of balance and how to fix that.Learn how your food choices affect your hormones
3. Gut Health
Gut health affects our mood and how we detox - including how we detox our hormones!
4. Stress & Mindfulness
Stress is a big component of every day living so learn simple techniques so that you can manage stress.
5. Seasonal Resets such as Spring Detox, Summer Sass, etc.
In Chinese Medicine, eating for the seasons is a big component of health and is a great way to take care of your organ systems. For example, Spring is the time for the liver and so this is the time to do a detox - focusing on foods and herbs for your liver.
6. Menu-Planning For Success
Having a plan is a secret to success. This Club will give you ideas and take you through how to create a plan that works for your body and your lifestyle
7. Stress Reduction And Self-Care
How stress can affect you physically and emotionally
Getting better control over your schedule and your life
Putting YOU at the top of your priority list
22 ways to reduce stress and take care of yourself
11. Boosting Your Energy
The foods and habits that may be boosting or depleting your energy levels
Simple tips to start improving your energy today
The way you start your morning can have a big impact on your energy throughout the day
Tips to avoid the 3 pm slump
12. Deciphering Food Labels Made Easy
How processed foods can sabotage your weight loss efforts (even when you’re counting calories)
The top controversial food additives
Tips to make label reading easier
How to start with simple changes
We will also be doing challenges...such as smoothie challenges or slow cooker challenges which is a fun way to eat well and explore different foods.
AND...and you will have access to monthly guest interviews who share on different topics of interest. You can join live or have access to the recordings after.
Hi, My Name is Dr. Simone Burke
I am a Naturopathic Doctor who is on a mission to help busy women look great and feel amazing. So many women suffer with hormones, increased weight and low energy and are often too busy to put themselves first. My goal is to provide healthy eating programs that motivate and inspire women who want to take charge of their wellness.
I am so excited that you have decided to join us. I promise I will never send you spam. Keep on the lookout as I will be sending you health tips and mouth watering plant based recipes :)