As of January this year the Canadian government published updated healthy eating recommendations for all Canadians.
We are currently promoting a Corporate Wellness Program aimed at benefiting organizations through improved health and wellness. This program is aimed at employees to help them lead healthier lives. This in turn will help reduce absenteeism, and increase productivity for the organization.
A recent study done in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine documented the benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program.
These are their findings.
- Obese employees are absent on average 13 times more than non-obese employees.
- Smokers cost employers an additional $3,396 due to increased absenteeism, which means decreased productivity.
- Employees who experience high stress cost employers almost 50 per cent more in health expenditures.
A study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal found that on a per-employee basis, employees who improve their stress levels can save their employers approximately $925 per year.
In a report by Sun Life Financial entitled “Profits of Wellness” showed that workplace wellness programs have the amazing benefits.
- 11 per cent higher revenue per employee
- 8 fewer days absent per employee per year
- 28 per cent higher shareholder returns
- For every $1.00 spent on wellness programs, medical costs fall by about $3.27 and absenteeism costs fall about $2.7314
Health Canada has recently updated the Canada food guide to include plant based foods and encourages the use of plant proteins, and the reduction of processed and refined foods.
Our Corporate Wellness Program is a 12 week program which teaches plant based eating, and stress management strategies.
Studies show that plant based eating is associated with numerous benefits such as:
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Reduced risk of diabetes
- Reduced risk of chronic disease
- Reduction in inflammation and pain
- Healthy BMI (body mass index)
However despite these benefits, there are barriers to healthy living. The main ones being: Lack of support, not knowing where to start and not knowing what to eat that is both nutritious and tasteful.
Our program addresses these obstacles so as to make the transition as simple, fun and cost effective.
- The Mind Your Peas and Quinoa Wellness Program is 12 weeks
- The program is 100% online and can be accessed at any time.
- Each participant can go at their own pace to suit their needs.
- Each module is delivered weekly so that each participant doesn’t get overwhelmed and has time to implement strategies
- Our goal is to educate so that individuals can gain an understanding as to why certain foods are more nutritious than others making it easier to apply this knowledge.
- A supportive Face book group so that individuals can share, ask questions and feel supported as they apply new strategies
- The program is affordable at $30 per week for the 12 weeks and there is ongoing support for $7/month which can be cancelled at any time. Payments can be made up front or over the 3 months of the course.
- The Mind Your Peas and Quinoa Program is an excellent educational and supportive program aimed to improve nutritional knowledge, lifestyle changes and stress management. It provides the essentials to get to know your body and what it needs.
We offering employees the opportunity to learn about and implement changes to support their well being which has been proven to be of tremendous value to company morale, productivity and profit.
Join us on our journey to better eating and stress management.
Any questions or concerns please contact us for more information or to get started.